Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kubrick Brief evaluation



The Kubrick brief was a bit of a difficult one. I think that I produced some good work for it, although I don't personally find it visually where I would have normally ended up, the type treatments are pretty sound and the conceptual exploration through line weighting is a interesting idea, I haven't done anything that conceptual for a while.

I can't say hat I think it's the best thing I've ever produced, and it walks a fine-line between minimal and too bare at times. I think the most successful of the minimal elements is the tickets, they ended up working in a really satisfying way.

I also like the range of printed media that I managed to apply the ideas to. I wish I had the patience to mock them up into an environment, but unfortunately I'm at the point now where if I continue, I will make myself ill, I know when to call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment