Friday, April 29, 2011

Test print pastel stocks

I found these pastel stocks that are similar to sugar paper, but a weightier stock and a higher quality. They come in various different pastel shades, which allows me to pick 4 and use one colour for each quarterly issue, which lets them work as a set but have an individual presence for each issue. It also keeps the cost down very low, which is what I need if I am to be producing a few copies of these things.

The problem with it was that it didn't respond to inkjet ink so well. however, I am confident that it will respond to screen-printing a lot better. Here are some photographs of the results and the problems with the finishing quality to it. Despite these problems, I have to say I really like the way it looks and I'm very proud of it as a piece.












No comments:

Post a Comment