Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Emailing case studies

So I emailed all of the case studies I had on Monday with my snazzy new @benbowsher email address. Here are the copies of what I wrote...

Build:
Hi guys!

Sorry to be yet another (probably) very annoying student, but...

I'm third year at Leeds College of art on the Graphic Design course. I'm a big time admirer of your work, especially some of the collaboration with Generation Press. I'm doing a series of case studies on design agencies who's work is relevant to my own practice as part of my final major project. I was just wondering whether I could possibly either visit to ask you some questions, or failing that, I guess do it over email correspondence.

Thank you for your time

Ben Bowsher


The Consult:
Hi there,

I appreciate you must get emails like this quite often, so my apologies...

I'm a third year at Leeds College of Art and I'm doing a case study on your practice as part of my final major practice. I know one of your designers is coming into university on Friday, but I wasn't able to schedule a session. I was wondering whether it would be possible to pay you guys a visit in regards to my case study and just ask a few questions. I know your time is incredibly valuable but I'd love to visit the studio.

Kind regards

Ben Bowsher
Graphic Design

hello@benbowsher.co.uk
(+44)7794270594


Sagmeister:
Hi,

I'm a third year graphic design student over at Leeds College of Art,
England. I'm a massive fan of a lot of your work, particularly the
books and publications you've produced. I'm doing a case study on a
few of your works, and I'd like to ask you some questions regarding
some of your book and publication briefs, if that is OK?

Kind Regards

Ben Bowsher
Graphic Design

hello@benbowsher.co.uk
(+44)7794270594


Music:
Hi,

First off, I'd like to say that I'm a massive fan of some of the work you produce, particularly the books for the MIER Reports. The covers look so lovely.

I'm a third year over at Leeds College of Art and I'm doing a case study on you as part of my final major project. I was wondering whether there would be the possibility of going down to see your studio and ask you a few questions as part of my study?

Thanks for your time,



Ben Bowsher
Graphic Design

hello@benbowsher.co.uk
(+44)7794270594


Workshop:
Hi guys,

You may know me from BAGD in the year below, you may not. Anyway, myself and one or two others on the course were interested in paying your studio a quick visit to ask you some questions about your practice and such as part of our FMPs. You produce some excellent work and you've got some unique insight into post-graduation and getting work etc. that we could really benefit from.

Thanks for your time


Ben Bowsher
Graphic Design

hello@benbowsher.co.uk
(+44)7794270594


Generation Press:
Hi guys!

I'm a third year student at Leeds College of Art, I've known about you guys for some time and attended the seminar that you gave at University. Anyway, I really admire the quality of the work you produce and I'm interested in print and finish and I'd really just love to have a look around or a chat with you about some of the print processes you use, the relationship you have with clients and also learn some things about prepping my work for print.

If you think you can help, I'd really appreciate it. I realise your time is incredibly valuable.

Thanks very much,


Ben Bowsher
Graphic Design

hello@benbowsher.co.uk
(+44)7794270594


Team Impression
Hi there

I'm a design student over at Leeds College of Art and I'm a big fan of your work. I was just wondering about the possibility of 1 or 2 of us paying you a very short visit to just to look at some of the processes you use and understand the designer-printer relationship a bit more as part of our Final Major Projects. Your work is some of the best printing I've seen and it would be an absolute dream to visit. I appreciate your time is extremely precious, but let me know if this is a possibility.

Kind Regards,


Ben Bowsher
Graphic Design

hello@benbowsher.co.uk
(+44)7794270594


Hopefully they'll get back to me within the next week or so otherwise I'm going to have to call them, which I'm dreading. I think I came across OK, I was positive, relatively informal yet professional. reading them back feels a bit cringey, especially when a lot of it is sucking up, but I guess that's the nature of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment