Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Contacting bands and labels for the music zine

I sent a couple of emails out, so I had some primary material to fill out my magazine. Here is an email I sent to two man American record label topshelf records. They distribute records of several bands in the scene, including Pianos Become The Teeth and My Heart To Joy.

Hi Kevin,
I'm a Graphic Designer from the United Kingdom. And I'm a huge fan of a lot of bands on your label, particularly Pianos... I'm stoked for their tour in April. As part of a self initiated brief I'm making a music zine on a run of 20-50 copies to distribute for free around the scene we've got going on here. I was wondering whether it would be possible to email you a few questions and have you answer them for an article to go into the zine?

I appreciate that you're probably very busy peeps. So if you can't, then don't worry about it.

Cheers


Ben Bowsher
Graphic Design

hello@benbowsher.co.uk
(+44)7794270594

I also am lucky enough to know friends in reasonably popular bands amongst the scene. Daniel of ONSIND and Chris of Sunday League, I asked them both if they wouldn't mind contributing to the magazine with an interview. I'm not going to cc the emails because they're personal, however, both are up for it, so I just need to email them some questions and I'll have two nice pieces of primary content for the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment