Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Layout Development continued

Here's some layout development since the photoshoot. Myself and Ross came into a small amount of conflict between serif vs. sans serif typefaces for this book. I really wanted to use a serif typeface, but Ross was finding it unwieldy for whatever reason. In a way I guess the typeface is insignificant because you can make it mean whatever you want. For instance, he persuaded me to use helvetica std, along with a found face called 'cherrygin' which makes the distinctive 3, and I relented. I relented because actually, I think that the first 3 books using a similar typeface might be a good thing, a sort of legacy in it's self. I wasn't keen at first but he won me over.
Anyway, after deciding that text a long the top and photographs a long the bottom or vise versa wasn't working. I tried a profile section down the left hand. I decided that this division between person and work allowed us to divide the information in a way that had clarity to it. So it became just about trying to tweak that as much as possible, untill the entire group were staisfied with the example spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment