Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Designing Covers

Using some of the early printmaking covers (examples posted earlier in the week) as inspiration, I created some cover designs. They're typeset in Garamond, small caps.

I started with the first layout, but it seemed a little bit dull, so I looked at some of the covers and thought I'd draw heavy inspiration from this one:

I decided to play with a few different flourishes, and then we picked some colours based on the colour in some of Garry's artwork, particularly the pig drawings and the crowd etchings. I'm really happy with the way they turned out, and Ed seems pretty happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment